From: Phil West <p.west@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] PenTest LiveCD
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:50:48
1 It might be fun to toss in net-analyzer/paketto, though I don't know
2 how widely used it is, I find it to be an interesting tool.
3
4 -Phil
5
6 On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 02:18 PM, John Davis wrote:
7
9 > Hash: SHA1
10 >
11 > Greets all:
12 > I am currently working on putting together a Gentoo LiveCD that can be
13 > used
14 > for Penetration Testing on hybrid networks. Basically, the CD will
15 > contain
16 > many well known security scanners, possibly some exploits,
17 > documentation,
18 > etc.
19 >
20 > What I need is some feedback on what security packages to include.
21 > This is
22 > what I have so far:
23 >
24 > Nessus
25 > xfree (using openbox for the wm)
26 > hping
27 > nmap
28 > netcat
29 > whois
30 > iptraf
31 > ettercap
32 > (ethereal included with the above)
33 > johntheripper
34 > samba
35 > traceroute
36 > (ipv6 tools would be nice also.. )
37 >
38 > for exploits:
39 > windows dcom exploit
40 > ( I need more here )
41 >
42 > Documentation:
43 > ??
44 >
45 > I will also protect the livecd with Project Firewall, and at some
46 > point in
47 > time, propolice, etc.
48 >
49 > Please comment on any of the above, as I am always open to suggestions.
50 >
51 > Regards,
52 > //zhen
53 >
54 > - --
55 > John Davis
56 > Gentoo Linux Developer
57 > <http://www.gentoo.org/~zhen>
58 >
60 > Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
61 > change
62 > your world.
72 > --
73 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list