From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SSP + setjmp() = badness?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 09:59:23
1 On 29 Jul 2006 at 17:37, Richard Hansen wrote:
2 > After spending hours with gdb, I believe I have narrowed down the
3 > problem to a setjmp() call in the Wireshark code. That call seems to
4 > be trashing the stack, based on comparing local variable values before
5 > and after the call. Is this a known limitation of SSP, or should
6 > setjmp() work with SSP?
7
8 the bug tracking SSP code generation issues is 135265. given that
9 noone seems to be able and willing to fix them, you'll probably
10 have to live without SSP in c++ code.
13 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list