From: "René Rhéaume" <rene.rheaume@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Cannot boot a hardened-sources-2.4.33.4 on a SATA drive
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 02:04:39
1 On 6/20/07, Brant Williams <brant@×××××.net> wrote:
2 > What error(s) do you see?
3 e2fsck was doing a fatal error and I was forced to reboot. It is now
4 solved after I updated e2fsprogs.
5
6 Long answer : I restarted a hardened+uclibc installation using a very
7 old stage3 tarball (dating back from 2005) to make a mini Gentoo of
8 it. Originally, the system was not booting because of the SATA driver
9 issue. I asked on gentoo-hardened because it was about the hardened
10 kernel, not userspace related. Then, init began to run got the fsck
11 issue. I had to extract a tbz2 of a more recent version of portage
12 (2.1.1, the 2.0.51 get an headache just looking at the current Portage
13 tree), then rebuild e2fsprogs 1.39. Now time for emerge -uDN world.
14 --
15 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list