From: Dale Pontius <DEPontius@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Problem with installation gentoo selinux
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:45:23
1 pedro wrote:
2
3 >Hello:
4 >
5 >I'm trying install gentoo selinux. I read the handbook:
6 >http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-x86-handbook.xml
9 >and have a lot of problems.
13 >Errors:
14 >
15 >ERROR sys_kernel/hardened-sources-2.6.11-r15 failed
16 >function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
17 >Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.
18 >
19 >ERROR sys_libs/readline-5.0-r2 failed
20 >function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
21 >Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.
24 >What can I do.
27 Let's begin with the first question:
28
29 Which LiveCD did you use to do the install?
30 The one that's easy to find is "merely hardened," but doesn't have an
31 SELinux kernel. It sounds like that's the one you used, and actually you
32 should have first failed when you tried to mount the "selinux"
33 filesystem inside the chroot. But if you missed that, you'd next fail
34 when it came to set security labels.
35
36 I wish I could tell you exactly where the correct CD is, but I've
37 forgotten. I can just assure you that it is possible to browse the
38 mirror and find an SELinux LiveCD. One other problem with it... the
39 included kernel is too old for nptl. Therefore you can't bring the
40 system up from the ground with nptl, you have to convert after your
41 first boot.
42
43 Hope this helps,
44 Dale