From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Newbee alarm....
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 01:57:03
1 Hi Nico,
2
3 First of all don't get me wrong, read this assuming I have a big smile
4 in my face: I also have been a newbie and over all, its not everyday you
5 find somebody wanting to give a hand on the project.
6
7 First regarding your e-mails, strange as it may seem it would be more
8 helpful if you could have sent all of them in a huge e-mail, this list
9 usually has low traffic and receiving 10 threads on the same topic is
10 very likely to upset somebody (not me though, I receive more e-mail from
11 gentoo-user anyway).
12
13 Also, please do open bugs when suggesting policy improvements or fixes
14 it makes it way easier for the team to review and read your proposals
15 and makes us less likely to forget about them (try to find this e-mails
16 in two months from now and try to find a bug and you'll understand what
17 I mean).
18
19 As an extra I want to invite you too to #gentoo-hardened as a first
20 resort for help. We don't bite, even less to newbies... unless you allow
21 us to, that is :P
22
23 Finally I'd like to point you to the cool SELinux handbook made by Swift
24 just in case you don't know about it:
25 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml
26
27 Take care :D
28