From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux FAQ & Handbook
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 21:36:37
1 Hi all
2
3 Currently, the SELinux FAQ is integrated in the SELinux handbook as a
4 dedicated chapter. I would like to suggest to separate the FAQ into its own
5 guide rather than keep it integrated.
6
7 The main reasons I see for this are
8
9 - it makes more sense for users when they are told to look for the FAQ. Not
10 all of them will find it if it is "hidden" in the SELinux handbook
11 - the handbook should, in the long(er) term, be more static (think about the
12 Gentoo Handbook, ever since the autobuilds are integrated changes that are
13 needed are quite low) whereas the FAQ usually has a more lively approach
14 (although I have to admit we're currently not good at grasping the FAQs
15 from irc and forums and integrate those as fast as possible)
16 - search engines are more likely to put a page higher in their rankings if
17 it is a dedicated guide/url rather than a page in a book triggered through
18 specific dynamic variables (&doc=3&chap=1)
19
20 Any objections to this?
21
22 Wkr,