From: Nedim Cholich <nedim.cholich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Converting new install to hardened (glibc problem)?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 22:42:07
1 On 1/6/07, Kevin F. Quinn <kevquinn@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 16:43:43 -0500
4 > "Nedim Cholich" <nedim.cholich@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > This is my first email to the list and my first attempt at installing
9 > > hardened Gentoo (I've been using Gentoo for 4 years now). I apologize
10 > > if I'm asking an obvious question. I have been searching for couple
11 > > of days for an answer but couldn't find one.
12 >
13 > Wait until glibc-2.4 or greater is ready on hardened. It should be
14 > soon, now. Whatever you do, don't downgrade glibc, you will end up with
15 > all sorts of trouble.
18 Also, Kevin, I see you have an overlay with some of the new stuff. Would
19 there be a point in me trying it out since I'm in no rush to finish up my
20 future firewall. How stable is the stuff in overlay?
21
22 Thanks.