From: Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hppa] Anyone there ?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:02:51
1 2011/9/14 Luca Lesinigo <lucky@×××××××××.org>:
2 > Il giorno 14/set/2011, alle ore 04:40, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
3 >> it should still work just fine.  any problems nowadays are kernel related so we tend to post to the kernel lists.
4 > I'd add that most casual discussion happens on the irc channel (#gentoo-hppa@Freenode).
5 >
6 > With the help of both Gentoo devs and Linux-VServer devs we made linux-vserver work again on HPPA some time ago. I'm actually using it to get virtual servers (gentoo on gentoo) on my J6750, keeping the kernel more or less up to date. I'm currently running 2.6.39, for example, and other people are already using 3.0.x.
7 >
8 > You may want to give it a look if you're not short of RAM and want to play around with virtual servers. I find it useful even to just test gentoo stuff in a completely isolated envorinment.
11 Thanks for the feedback guys, I will try to boot from the most recent
12 livecd I found here:
13 http://gentoo.prz.rzeszow.pl/releases/hppa/2008.0/installcd/ and see
14 how it goes :). I will also join the channel.
15
16 Best regards,
17 Maciej Grela