From: Andrew Gaylard <a.gaylard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: Fwd: [gentoo-hppa]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:32:00
On 10/30/06, maciej_golas <maciej_golas@××.pl> wrote:
> > I have 2 K-Class HP servers (K360 and K380). On both machines I try to > Install gentoo 2006.1. The booting process goes fine, but I cannot > find/configure > a network device. > I tried to: > # modoprobe tulip, e100, e1000 ... etc > nothing, device eth0 isn't created. > When i execute: > #lspci > nothing is shown as if there wasn't any pci device (maybe this is ok, I > don't know). > > When I try to boot any of the machines from network by invoking: > > bo lan.0 > I've got error no -7 (no device found or something like that). > Bu I'm pretty sure I've NIC board installed in the machine, the board is > described : A3495-60301 HP-PB 10/100Base-TX > > Could you help me to solv my problem?
First of all, the K-class machines don't have PCI. So lspci isn't ever going to show anything. What does dmesg show? I know many HP-PB boards aren't supported; perhaps this is one of them. Anyone else know for sure? Still, you should have the onboard 10Mb/s ethernet port, which is enough to get the install going. But you may need to read this first: Note that the line-wrapping is slightly scrambled on the web page. Andrew