From: Pingveno <pingveno@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-installer] Re: distcc LiveCD
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:07:38
1 Pingveno wrote:
2 > This isn't specifically related to the Gentoo Installer project, but to
3 > Gentoo installation in general. I was thinking that a LiveCD with distcc
4 > would be useful for people (such as myself) that have Windows machine
5 > that can be commandeered overnight. There are CD images with distcc out
6 > there, but apparently some of the Gentoo patches to GCC create some
7 > indigestion when combined with the usually Debian-based LiveCDs.
8 >
9 > I've looked into creating a CD images through the various scripts and
10 > documentation available through the Gentoo web site. However, I'm not
11 > entire confident that I'd be able to create a working LiveCD that
12 > doesn't do any erasing. >_<
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 > Pingveno
16 >
17 Oops, time to answer my own question. distcc-livecd
18 (http://distcc-livecd.sourceforge.net/) does what I need. However, I'm
19 not sure if the version of GCC on the CD being different than the main
20 system (3.4 vs 3.3) would create problems. Any experiences with such
21 potential problems?
22
23 Thanks,
24 Pingveno