From: Preston Cody <ppc105@×××××××××.edu>
To: GLI <gentoo-installer@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] GLI Missed set locale for non-English spoken users
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:24:45
> GLI is a great project, I am willing to contribute to it. There are some > things I want to talk about in this email: > 1. GLI seems missing a step to set locale and XIM input method, which is very > important for non-English spoken people. Sure, you can set it yourself like > what I did. But for GLI, is that suppose to be taken care automatically?
Actually we have localization support tested and working, but have yet to use it in any of our front-ends. Please keep in mind the installer is still in early stages of development and since all our devs speak English there issues like localization kinda get put on the back burner until we iron out details like partitioning.
> 2. Reiserfs ans XFT support. We developed our own installer called Magic > Installer(very close to GLI), which support Reiserfs (even Reiserfs4) and XFT > for partition. Since I haven't spend much time on GLI, i would like to try to > solve this problem for GLI in the future.
Technically we could support reiserfs if we wanted to, though it causes some nice resize problems that agaffeny could better explain to you. While I enjoy reiserfs, it seems that I am in a minority on this project and most people consider it evil and don't want to support it. If you would be willing to help support reiserfs for us, that would be most appreciated by me. -Preston Cody Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-installer] GLI Missed set locale for non-English spoken users Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>