From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] installer/ releng coordination
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:21:41
1 On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:20:00AM -0400 or thereabouts, Walter White wrote:
2 > I think we should be able to change it to work with portage and the ebuild
3 > scripts. We still should be able to utilize the power of the ebuild
4 > scripts, we just need to sit down and think how that can be done. The
5 > installer there is just a rough idea of what we could do. I won't be able
6 > to jump on IRC, I am at work, and no IRC...
7
8 I think Corey's point was that we already have an active installer project
9 underway at the moment. I personally don't see a need to start work on a
10 second installer when the first one hasn't even been finalized.
11
12 --kurt