From: Luis Flores soberon <lmflores78@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Using GLI
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:18:59
1 Yea.. in fact.. I started yesterday using catalyst...
2 Thank you Andrew...
3 What you tell me Chris is exactlly what i was looking for.
4 Again.. thanks a lot
5
6 Luis
9 >Well, this is a catalyst question, really. Luckily for you, I happen to
10 >lurk here, too... :P
11
12 >You have a couple choices here. You can build your own CD, which is
13 >probably your best bet in the long run. You could also edit the ISO
14 >image before you burn it to add a "cdupdate.sh" shell script to the root
15 >of the CD's file-system. This script is executed between the initrd and
16 >the actual CD's init scripts, so it is *not* suitable for dumping an
17 >installation script into, but it *is* suitable for catting an
18 >installation script out to a location, and adding an entry
19 >to /etc/conf.d/local.start to execute your script.
20
21 >--
22 >Chris Gianelloni
23 >Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager
24 >Games - Developer
25 >Gentoo Linux
29 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list