From: Mohammed Hagag <mohamedhagag1981@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] The new overhauled Gentoo Linux Installer needs testing
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:35:06
1 i think i'll translate it to arabic as soon as i get the language files ;) .
2
3 On 2/18/07, Preston Cody <codeman@g.o> wrote:
4 > Calling all testers!
5 > I have previously discussed the overhaul that GLI has undergone to
6 > make the installer more interactive. As some of you know, a release
7 > is approaching, and the overhaul is just now becoming stable again.
8 > gli-dialog is functional again and much improved to the version
9 > released in 2006.1. However, this was a major rewrite of a lot of
10 > code and i'm quite certain that tons of bugs exist in the frontend
11 > alone. I personally don't have enough time before the release to go
12 > through and find them all. If you have vmware or other equivalent
13 > emulator installed and don't mind pawing through trying to break
14 > gli-dialog, here are the instructions for getting the overhaul
15 > snapshot:
16 >
17 > boot the 2006.1 livecd (2007.0 test cds will be avail soon for
18 > testing, but not yet).
19 > open a terminal (in Applications >> Accessories).
20 > sudo su -
21 > cat /opt/installer/misc/getgli
22 > copy the wget line except change the ending. it should read
23 > wget http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/gli/snapshots/gli-current.tar.bz2
24 > tar xvfj gli-current.tar.bz2
25 > cd gli-overhaul/src/fe/dialog
26 > ./gli-dialog.py
27 >
28 > for testing the gtkfe just replace the last two lines with cd
29 > gli-overhaul/src/fe/gtk and ./gtkfe.py
30 > please try to go through gli-dialog as thoroughly as you can (advanced
31 > mode shows many screens otherwise hidden).
32 >
33 > I will try to make the language files for gli-dialog soon so that
34 > there is a chance of having internationalization this release. Any
35 > offers to translate?
36 >
37 > Thanks in advance to all testers,
38 > -Codeman