From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:56:21
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 15:56, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> All I ask is for the backend to have a mode designed in that would allow the > feeding of the install profile incrementally. That would mean that one could > feed the backend an incomplete install profile and it would do what it could > based on that. Also take into account that this install profile will not > necessarilly contain all stages.
As dan says in his email, we can still impliment this. However, there should be no pause while building a profile. Pauses should only come when installation has actually begun. Thus a complete XML file is generated first, then the backend is called to parse the file and perform installation (with or without pauses). Nathaniel

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>