From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:56:21
1 On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 15:56, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > All I ask is for the backend to have a mode designed in that would allow the
3 > feeding of the install profile incrementally. That would mean that one could
4 > feed the backend an incomplete install profile and it would do what it could
5 > based on that. Also take into account that this install profile will not
6 > necessarilly contain all stages.
7 As dan says in his email, we can still impliment this. However, there
8 should be no pause while building a profile. Pauses should only come
9 when installation has actually begun. Thus a complete XML file is
10 generated first, then the backend is called to parse the file and
11 perform installation (with or without pauses).
12
13 Nathaniel