From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New installer project status
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:20:25
1 On Thursday 29 January 2004 15:07, Eric Sammer wrote:
2 > Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > > Figure out where you want the directory and I'll be happy to create it.
4 > > Looking at our various top level categories, it doesn't really fit
5 > > cleanly into any of them. I'd suggest base as being the closest match.
6 >
7 > This is sticky. I don't have an opinion either way about it as long as
8 > it's not branded a desktop or server subproject so as to alienate either
9 > group.
12 It probably fits best within the tools toplevel. However the tools toplevel is
13 not really active at the moment.
14
15 > > This is something I would object to. If this is an official Gentoo
16 > > project (which I assume it is) that we're going to let official Gentoo
17 > > users eventually user (which I assume we are) then we need to ensure that
18 > > it's developed on secure infrastructure, etc.
19 >
20 > Not a problem. That's why I threw that out as something to discuss. I
21 > wasn't sure what our policies were on things such as this. Right now, I
22 > think all those that would be writing code (and therefore need CVS
23 > commit access) are Gentoo devs (or soon to be).
24
25 I agree with Kurt here. I don't think it should be a big problem. Things can
26 be committed by others if needed.
27
28 Paul
31 Paul de Vrieze