From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: Daniel <linead@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] gentoo-mini-linux (2.6.X + uClibc + busybox + udev + hotplug/coldplug + *fsutils + smb/nfs+ ...) for system-setup
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:58:46
1 On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 08:18 +1000, Daniel wrote:
2 > It isnt the OS that stops people me moving my company to linux, it's
3 > the software.
4 > At this time there is no real desktop publishing software for linux,
5 > and im not sure whether SPSS has a linux version. Some companies have
6 > to use programs that their staff are used to, and while I could
7 > probably change their choice in OS because it is really just a
8 > backdrop to their important applications I'd be hanged if I suggested
9 > they changed from using an application they've become familiar with.
12 SPSS definitely *does not* have a Linux version __grumble__.
13
14 Cheers,
15 //John