From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:26:19
On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 14:04 -0700, Mike Rosset wrote:
> Honestly Michael I'm not bickering my request is valid, the installer > cd cannot be reproduced this makes it a proprietary product, its > closed. You might not have the need to modify the cd in anyway or > reproduce it in another fasion, but I do and I dont mean just any > livecd. My requirement was for it to be as close to the installer cd > as possible. So you were right the first time, why cant the spec files > along with the patch of Catalyst be released or atleast be put into > cvs access for non-end user access?
It can be reproduced. I have seen several people that have been able to produce a CD that is almost identical. As I stated before, your lack of knowledge and willingness to learn is *not my problem* in any way. We don't have public CVS anyway, due to resource constraints. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead x86 Architecture Team Games - Developer Gentoo Linux