From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Some clarifications and a plea
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:41:44
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > I was under the impression that the "back end" was going to be written
3 > in such a way that it allowed for the creation of different frontends,
4
5 That is true.
6
7 > not necessarily written in the same language as the backend (Python in
8 > this case).
9
10 That is not.
11
12 It's in the docs.
13
14 > This all stems from the idea of separation of FE and BE, which in my
15 > opinion (not that it counts for anything), is a good thing.
16
17 Yes.
18
19 > I don't think that anyone is *really* reading that ;)
20
21 To be blunt, anyone who wants to be involved in any meaningful way will
22 just have to do so. Not to be argumentative about it, but I will just
23 refuse to answer the same questions 50 times because someone "is too
24 busy" to read a two page document. I am "too busy" to explain it, hence
25 the creation of the document.
28 Eric Sammer
29 Gentoo Linux
30 http://www.gentoo.org