From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Some clarifications and a plea
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:41:44
Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> I was under the impression that the "back end" was going to be written > in such a way that it allowed for the creation of different frontends,
That is true.
> not necessarily written in the same language as the backend (Python in > this case).
That is not. It's in the docs.
> This all stems from the idea of separation of FE and BE, which in my > opinion (not that it counts for anything), is a good thing.
> I don't think that anyone is *really* reading that ;)
To be blunt, anyone who wants to be involved in any meaningful way will just have to do so. Not to be argumentative about it, but I will just refuse to answer the same questions 50 times because someone "is too busy" to read a two page document. I am "too busy" to explain it, hence the creation of the document. -- Eric Sammer Gentoo Linux