From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:17:11
Andrew Gaffney schrieb:

> Norman Rieß wrote: > >> Hello >> >> Great Installer. I tried it right after i finished downloading the >> 2006.0. >> But i have a question though. I recognized that the use flags are set >> to "X" and "Gnome" (and so on) by default. >> Later in the "Extra Packages" screen you can choose other desktop >> environments or perhaps no x at all. >> >> Would it not be nice, if the flags are set after you choose your >> desktop environment or the other packages? >> If one chooses KDE as desktop the useflag could switch from gnome to >> kde. If no x11 is chosen, the flag isn´t set so "+X" either. > > > This is the same as doing an install by hand.
I don´t see why this is.
> >> Same thing on the "Startup Services". I can choose some daemons to >> start up, that are not even installed. I find this a little disturbing. > > > Well, it's not possible to know services will be available beforehand, > so we just give you a bunch of common options (along with adding > custom ones in the future). Ones that don't exist will be ignored > during the install. >
True, but if i do not click the ProFTPd in the selection screen, you can assume, that there is no ProFTPd installed to start automatically. This way you can filter out not all, but some unlogic choices. -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
RE: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer LinuxMan <linuxman@×××××××××.com>