From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Using GLI
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:18:49
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 23:52 +0000, Luis Flores soberon wrote:
> Now.. it comes a new question... > Using your experimental Live CD, how can i do so that the fisrt thing > executed after the cd boots is a script (done by me), which will ask the > user to confirm the installation process???. If the user says "yes" then i > start executing installer-cli (e.g.)
Well, this is a catalyst question, really. Luckily for you, I happen to lurk here, too... :P You have a couple choices here. You can build your own CD, which is probably your best bet in the long run. You could also edit the ISO image before you burn it to add a "" shell script to the root of the CD's file-system. This script is executed between the initrd and the actual CD's init scripts, so it is *not* suitable for dumping an installation script into, but it *is* suitable for catting an installation script out to a location, and adding an entry to /etc/conf.d/local.start to execute your script. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager Games - Developer Gentoo Linux

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-installer] Using GLI Luis Flores soberon <lmflores78@×××××××.com>