From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Re: distcc LiveCD
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:41:58
On Thursday 27 October 2005 08:06, Pingveno wrote:
> > Oops, time to answer my own question. distcc-livecd > ( does what I need. However, I'm > not sure if the version of GCC on the CD being different than the main > system (3.4 vs 3.3) would create problems. Any experiences with such > potential problems?
In general this doesn't work. All distcc nodes should have the same compiler. If the minor number (the 3rd one) is different, it often still works, but there are no guarantees. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-installer] Re: distcc LiveCD Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>