From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-installer] installer/ releng coordination
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:58:45
I like this idea..   When I reviewed Corel Linux back in the day, the only
thing that impressed me was that you could play solitaire while the install
ran.   Sun Solaris is even better, you have an embedded web browser in the
installer and can surf the web.   A KDE LiveCD environment would be the
Everest of installers.

Speaking of the KDE LiveCD, is there a URL for this somewhere John?  I
really like MandrakeMove (the bootable distro-on-cd), and love even more
that it will probe for a USB memory key and use it to store settings, files,
home dir, etc.  So you can take your whole environment from computer to
computer while keeping your settings.  The problem is that Mandrake only
allows the USB Key functionality in the paid version of MandrakeMove.   We
could do one up by making one for free  :)