From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] installer project status
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:29:56
Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2005, at 1:16 AM, Andrew Gaffney wrote: > >> * no lvm or software raid support > > If the installer detects an already-present lvm/raid, will it allow you > to use it for your disks? The reason that I ask this is I am wondering > if it is still possible to perform the necessary setup steps for these > outside the installer, then simply select them within the installer.
While you could probably use the installer if you pre-partitioned and pre-formatted your drives/arrays and manually edited the install profile, neither frontend currently has any notion of lvm/raid setups.
>> Now, for the *most* important part...reporting bugs. Gentoo's >> bugzilla has a >> special sub-section for the installer. When you click the link to >> enter a new >> bug report, select "Gentoo Linux" and then "GLI" from the "Component" >> list. >> Please search for the bug you're reporting *before* creating a new >> bug. We >> would much rather see "me too" comments, or even the much more silent >> act of >> adding yourself to the bug's CC, than having to deal with tons of >> duplicate >> bugs. When you do encounter an error in the installer, try to grab >> /tmp/installprofile.xml and /var/log/install.log from the LiveCD >> environment. >> We may request them when you file a bug. > > Please, please, please, please do not file bugs about the LiveCD under > the GLI component. Also, don't file GLI bugs under the "Gentoo LiveCD" > product. > > I have created a bug especially for issues with the LiveCD. >
Ah, yes. I forgot to mention this. File bugs in the correct place or we break your fingers ;) -- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-installer] installer project status Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>