From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:43:49
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > You might want to note that the offer of saving the profile is only reliable
3 > in the case that certain steps have not been performed manually.
4
5 This is very true.
6
7 > One might
8 > give the option to redo things, or to review parts where some kind of manual
9 > intervention has taken place.
10
11 This is interesting. At risk of starting YA-Flame-War, I'd (personally)
12 like to get a base system back end working before we get into pausing
13 between steps and allowing users to muck around.
14
15 Before everyone floods with "but I want to do some stuff manually," take
16 a deep breath and remember that I said *before* meaning that there's an
17 *after* meaning it is inevitable. ;)
18
19 Review / redo is something worth exploring.
22 Eric Sammer
23 Gentoo Linux
24 http://www.gentoo.org