From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:57:22
On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 13:34 -0700, Mike Rosset wrote:
> mkisofs is really not hard to do Andrew I can do that, I have > requirements that need to emulate the installer cd. If I just needed > to make a custum cd catalyst is fine or the good old fasion way works > too. The point is your installer cd is useless since it cannot be > reproduced this makes it proprietary, thats not to say it doesnt work > as intended.
*sigh* It can easily be reproduced by someone versed in catalyst. Go check out the catalyst mailing list to see lots of people making their own LiveCD images every day. Just because you don't want to take the time to learn catalyst does not make it my problem. As I have tried to explain to you countless times before, you simply would not be able to properly replicate the CD without my *exact* build environment. This means machine names (with proper distcc toolchains on the proper ports, etc) and all kinds of other really nasty stuff in the code that I don't feel like cleaning up. I *am* cleaning up this code for release, and it is called catalyst 2.0. Now, I've determined that you're nothing but a troll, so consider this my last response to your mails, as I don't feel the need to feed a troll. It just makes them keep coming back. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead x86 Architecture Team Games - Developer Gentoo Linux