From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:01:04
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 21:53, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> > ps. Further I am not convinced why in all cases execution needs to be > performed only after the user clicked finish. >
To show what I think would be more desirable in some cases is the following: divide the install process into stages. -first stage disk preparation (partitioning, creating filesystems etc.) config -disk preparation perfomance && configuration of kernel -kernel compilation && selection of packages to be installed -package compilation/installation && Configuration of certain packages like X -continue compilation/installation && effectualize the "X configuration" ....wait.... -reboot -post reboot functions Note that this is incomplete (network config is missing), but I think that the message is clear. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: