From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] [Fwd: [gentoo-managers] development standards for key strategic projects]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:15:21
As usual, Daniel has a good many central and relevant points. However, the
document as-is, is far too verbose and zynot-specific to be of general

If any of our process guys (pauldv?) would like to condense and clarify
the document so that we can use it as a hand-holding reference during the
project, that'd be grand.

If not, I'll see if I can't take drobbins' document as a basis for writing
a short skeleton guideline for the installer project, at least.

Also, if possible, we should add references to relevant literature for the
interested party. I've found it both instructive, interesting and
entertaining to read the canon on software engineering practices (The
Mythical Man Month, some of Grady Booch's stuff, the XP books, etc...)

Kind regards,

Karl T