From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] gentoo-mini-linux (2.6.X + uClibc + busybox + udev + hotplug/coldplug + *fsutils + smb/nfs+ ...) for system-setup
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:43:29
1 On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 08:18 +1000, Daniel wrote:
2 > It isnt the OS that stops people me moving my company to linux, it's
3 > the software.
4 > At this time there is no real desktop publishing software for linux,
5 > and im not sure whether SPSS has a linux version.
6
7 Scribus is pretty solid. There were a few annoying features remaining
8 last time I tried it, but it was definitely getting there. Even
9 OpenOffice Writer is OK for fairly primitive work (creating flyers and
10 so forth). Perhaps folks on the gentoo-desktop list would have more
11 ideas.
12
13 As for SPSS, try the gentoo-science list. We're way off-topic for both
14 of these things on this list.