From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:24:44
1 John Walsh wrote:
2 > But I like the non-X liveCD (not the minimal, the Universal), everybody has X
3 > livecd's and the simplicity and power of the current livecd is unmatched.
4 > Is there no way of keeping the same Universal LiveCD as is now for those users that
5 > prefer it? I mean, when a system is down, there is no need to start X and have open-office and
6 > x-chat, xine, mplayer, xmms, etc on the CD, but as many tools as possible, like it is now to get it back up.
7
8 The universal basically is the minimal with some extras:
9
10 universal == minimal + stages + portage snapshot
11
12 You can easily bypass X on the X-LiveCD by passing 'nox' on the kernel commandline.
15 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
16 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
19 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list