From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:09:28

Great Installer. I tried it right after i finished downloading the 2006.0.
But i have a question though. I recognized that the use flags are set to
"X" and "Gnome" (and so on) by default.
Later in the "Extra Packages" screen you can choose other  desktop
environments or perhaps no x at all.

Would it not be nice, if the flags are set after you choose your desktop
environment or the other packages?
If one chooses KDE as desktop the useflag could switch from gnome to
kde. If no x11 is chosen, the flag isn´t set so "+X" either.

Same thing on the "Startup Services". I can choose some daemons to start
up, that are not even installed. I find this a little disturbing.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Best regards