From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:28:19
1 On 10/20/05, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Michael Crute wrote:
4 > > On 10/20/05, *Mike Rosset* <schizoid29@×××××.com
5 > > <mailto:schizoid29@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > I've all ready asked for those and got shot down appartently Chris
8 > > wont release them. Also Chris will try to bump this to another list
9 > > releng, more then likely
12 > > Why not release them? Is this not open source? What's so secret about an
13 >
14 > > iso image?
15 >
16 > Let's not start this again. It comes down to this:
17 >
18 > * they are a work in progress, constantly changing
19 > * they don't work with the released version of catalyst
22 OK, fine, thats good enough for me. I dont want to start some war between
23 Chris and Mike.
24
25 Another idea though, why not patch catalyst so they work and release them.
26 For pete sake people this is open source, must we bicker about "proprietary"
27 shit? In any case I am perfectly happy with the minimal CD as it is now, I'm
28 more curious than anything about these secret spec files.
29
30 -Mike
34 Michael E. Crute
35 Software Developer
36 SoftGroup Development Corporation
37
38 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
39 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"