From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:24:34
On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 13:54 -0700, Mike Rosset wrote:
> I don't buy any of that, release the code a prove what you say is > true. We all know releng uses catalyst to master there iso's. Why > wouldn't you in this case? what is the point of Catalyst but to create > the Gentoo's master iso's?
I don't give a damn if you're not buying it. I'm not selling it. It is fact. Also, as the primary author of catalyst, would it not make sense to you that I might make changes to the code on my own machine and actually *test* it before committing it to CVS? I'm sorry that much of the concepts of development escape you, but a this point, I don't care what you think about it.
> And where is this elusive cvs for Catalyst 2?
cvs.gentoo.org You can go to viewcvs.gentoo.org and look at the gentoo module. Catalyst is under src/catalyst.
> I'm really glad your upstream providers dont treat you guys this way. > Imagine bash with out make files... I can just hear GNU saying "make > your own make files" ... google it.
Except for one thing. We actually work with our upstream providers. We don't make demands of them and treat them like they are our personal slaves. Not to mention, there are many cases where we have to write our own Makefiles, so this is a pretty stupid argument. Then again, consider the source.
> And no I'm not troll since I can be reasoned with, my request is > reasonable. I havent seen any movement on your behalf Chris to even > remotely trying to help me.
No. You cannot be reasoned with. From the very beginning you've been nothing but inflammatory and an asshole. You're winning friends and influencing people all over the place. I'll gladly help people who want to be courteous about it. I even recommended you go to the gentoo-catalyst mailing list and ask *specific* questions with anything you had a problem with when building your CD. Instead, you started making demands and being a general prick to many people. After all, am I also required to post my .vim files from my machines that I do development on because "it's open source"? (Thanks joem!) Don't be ludicrous. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead x86 Architecture Team Games - Developer Gentoo Linux