From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:11:33
1 On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 20:54 +0200, Alan McGinlay wrote:
2 > As for something with no real use, I always thought it could be nice to
3 > have solitaire or some other simple game on the live CD to keep those
4 > people (sad, lonely people with nothing better to do - not me of
5 > course!) occupied whilst installing :P
6
7 The LiveCD has all of gnome-games installed. You can play Gnometris or
8 Nibbles while you wait. ;]
9
10 As for it being on there for no reason, that's not exactly true. Since
11 gnome-games is part of the gnome meta-ebuild, it needs to be there for
12 the dynamically generated Gnome GRP.
13
14 Also, this whole conversation probably doesn't belong on this list, but
15 rather gentoo-releng, but nobody seems to be complaining.
16
17 Besides the Gnome-based LiveCD, there will also be a LiveDVD image with
18 a ton more applications and KDE on it. Until I can convince everyone
19 that we should be using DVD images, it'll have to remain a
20 Bittorrent-only download.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
25 x86 Architecture Team