From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] installer/ releng coordination
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:31:08
1 On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 00:55, John Davis wrote:
2 >
3 > I would like to keep KDE if possible just because it is *so* feature
4 > rich.
5 Feature rich? bloated? its all the opinions of people. However, I'm well
6 aquainted with pygtk and, since I'm working for a GNOME distro now, they may
7 let me work on it if its pygtk. :) We can always use a theme like
8 bluecurve or some other kde/gnome comparable theme to make pygtk match a
9 kde desktop. Plus, we should let people choose a gnome vs kde liveCD
10 (if we want them to have choice that is).
11
12 > Funny, I was thinking about python/ graphics toolkits on the way home
13 > today :) I would like to do GentooMooove in python/$gui_toolkit, so if
14 > you find out which one is better maintained, please do let me know!
15
16 I'm pretty sure pyqt is not maintained (or at least well). pygtk is
17 part of gnome-bindings, so it is officially supported.
18
19 Nathaniel
23 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list