From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Updates and meeting
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 04:38:01
1 Eric Sammer wrote:
2 > SM[1] has picked up the controller code and run with it. He's made some
3 > impressive progress, solidifying many of the ideas that we've received.
4 >
5 > Additionally, two people, independent of each other, have come up with
6 > working front ends using the controller code. Now, the really cool thing
7 > is that both PC[2] and SM have built *working* front ends (of course,
8 > super-mega-supreme-alpha status and more of a proof of concept than a
9 > final product) that perform at least a simplistic install. The really
10 > cool thing is that this shows how developers can take advantage of the
11 > design of the code base to do things the way they want. This will allow
12 > for many different kinds of clients - automated, GUI, command line,
13 > curses, text - whatever you fancy. A huge thumbs up to these two guys
14 > who have put in some awesome effort.
15
16 Is there a link anywhere to these frontends? I don't know Python (yet), but I
17 want to get a general idea of how the FE interacts with the BE.
20 Andrew Gaffney
21 Network Administrator
22 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.
23 636-357-1548