From: Geoff <geoff@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Pretty Slideshow
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:55:13
I like the idea of a screenshow during installation, I also think that
the ability to disable / script the installation is good.
What concerns me more is that the installation process, is independent
from the user interface.

This potentially could give the ability to
Just create an installation script
Just display help about the installation, pulled directly from the
installation doc
Multiple deployment from and existing script (see above)

Which would enable "first time" & enterprise users to use Gentoo from
the Live CD.
At the moment the LiveCD gives you the ability to boot with certain
flags on or off, this also be used to use the installation process as well.