From: Geoff <geoff@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Pretty Slideshow
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:55:13
1 I like the idea of a screenshow during installation, I also think that
2 the ability to disable / script the installation is good.
3 What concerns me more is that the installation process, is independent
4 from the user interface.
5
6 This potentially could give the ability to
7 Just create an installation script
8 Just display help about the installation, pulled directly from the
9 installation doc
10 Multiple deployment from and existing script (see above)
11
12 Which would enable "first time" & enterprise users to use Gentoo from
13 the Live CD.
14 At the moment the LiveCD gives you the ability to boot with certain
15 flags on or off, this also be used to use the installation process as well.
18 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list