From: Sridhar <sridharinfinity@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-installer] slightly different design and new code
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:50:13
1 I've uploaded a prototype for GLI here
2 (http://cs.annauniv.edu/~rsridhar/pub/projects/gli).
3
4 The central idea is everything is modeled as Workers. For eg, setting a
5 timezone is handled by the TimeZoneWork class, setting root password by
6 RootPasswordWork class .. etc ..
7
8 I designed a new concept with Installation profile. We can have
9 `difficutly levels` during installation process. Certain difficutly
10 levels won't ask much input from the user. Difficultly levels are
11 modeled as profile mask files which has the same (XML) structure as the
12 profile file, except the values of elements are either True of False.
13 True indicates that values should be taken from the profile file and
14 False indicated that it should asked from User.
15
16 Just look at the source. If Ok, we can improve from that.
20 | R. Sridhar |
21 | WWW: http://cs.annauniv.edu/~rsridhar |
22 | GNU/Linux CDs: (above URL) |
30 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list