From: "Łukasz Damentko" <rane@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] educating users
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:16:33
1 On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:04:53 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Łukasz Damentko wrote:
5 > >>If they use the wrong channel/list, then we should politely inform them
6 > >>that they have breached the accepted etiquette standards and point them
7 > >>in the right direction.
10 > > And you will spend whole life on pointing them in right direction...
13 > Well if it is a raging flood, then we have to adapt our strategy.
14 > For example, restrict voice in #gentoo and make people take a quiz in
15 > order to subscribe to the gentoo-user mailing list. There could be
16 > newbie channels/lists with fewer requirements.
17
18 Do you really think that so many people will suddenly start using
19 Gentoo that we won't be able to handle them and point to the
20 appropriate RTFM? :)
21
22 Anyways, let's talk about quiz, that's the fun part, what questions
23 would you like to see in it?
24
25 with regards
26