From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Cc: esammer@g.o, spyderous@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New installer project status
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:35:45
That's a gerat news, maybe you (+spyderous) could write a project xml page in
the -desktop-research project directory, to sum up all this and make it
trackable?

Even if you're starting a new seperate project, the discussions have emerged
from -research, and I think it's very important that you stick with the rules
we wrote together ( http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/research/manifest.xml
). This will help give credit to the team, thank the effort, and avoid the new
installer project to disapear like so many others have, because lack of written
summary, and too fast development. It'll also proove that the installer team
have organizational capabilities.

So please commit in xml/htdocs/proj/en/desktop/research a new xml project file
called gentoo-installer.xml (for example), where you list the people that
researched on the topic (in the -research area), the conclusions you made, and
end up with the creation of the new -installer team. There is already a similar
page for gentoo-config tools page.

It's not a matter of ego, l33tness, or clans war. It's about keepig track and
history of the things, and learning together.

Thank you

Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o> said:

> All: > > The new Gentoo installer project is underway. This email should serve as a > quick rundown of where we're at, what we've done, where we want to go, and how > we're going to get there.
[...]