From: Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Grub causing kernel panic? - ThinkPad T40 - new install
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 19:39:28
1 Andrew is right, this is wrong list. Anyway, you should check that
2 modules for your IDE controller are loaded in initrd (or compiled into
3 kernel).
4
5 You can do this by selecting the second choice in grub (rescue). It
6 will boot into busybox (a very basic shell) and you should be (un)able
7 to mount filesystems. I don't know what exactly will busybox do for
8 your, but maybe you will need to create device node by hand.
9
10 For more informations, please write to gentoo-user list, or contact me
11 personally (but NOT this list, unless this is gentoo-installer's
12 problem).
13