From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-scire@l.g.o, gentoo-installer <gentoo-installer@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-installer] Quickstart 0.5 Released
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:37:29
1 I've just released Quickstart 0.5. I've been slacking terribly since the 0.4
2 release back on December 31, 2006. However, I have done a few things, and I
3 decided it was enough to justify doing another release. Here's the short list:
4
5 * added support for creating/mounting XFS and reiserfs3
6 * various fixes to the handling of extended/logical partitions
7 * add disk detection, so that you can use $disk0 instead of /dev/hda for more
8 flexible install profiles
9 * automatically modify TIMEZONE in /etc/conf.d/clock
10 * full busybox compatibility
11 * allow specification of extra kernel commandline parameters
12 * added a fetcher for tftp:// URIs
13 * many bugs fixed. this is essentially a permanent fixture in this list for
14 every release :P
15
16 If you would like more information, the project page for Quickstart is available
17 at <http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/quickstart.php>.
20 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
21 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
22 --
23 gentoo-installer@l.g.o mailing list