From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Important issues missed from monthly meeting
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:47:05
1 William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 22:35 +1300, Alistair Bush wrote:
3 >> Seeing that only me and fordfrog turned up to the meeting :P I would
4 >> like to summarize and discuss some of the issues that were planned.
5 >>
6 >> 1) Potential Recruits:
7 >>
8 >> Basically I am getting completely sick and tired of the good work that
9 >> Elvanor is doing and therefore strongly think that he should be offered
10 >> the carrot of temptation/corruption.
11 >>
12 >> I am happy to be his Sith Lord, if non of the other devs that are up the
13 >> queue (Caster?, wltjr?, fordfrog) have the time required.
14 >>
15 >> I would very much like to see this topic title changed to New Recruit
16 >>
17 >> Does anyone have any concerns/issues they want to raise about this?
18 >
19 > I have no problem. I briefly brought it an up believe Petteri has some
20 > QA and lack of knowledge issues, and etc. So we just likely need get
21 > Elvanor started in the quiz process. Fill in the gaps in knowledge or
22 > etc during that process. In his defense I made a comment about people
23 > like me specifically still asking the obvious or things I should know
24 > already at times.
25 >
26 > So willingness, responsibility, etc I think should have greater weight
27 > than just technical proficiency. Not that proficiency should be
28 > overlooked or ignored. But that can come in time :) Or not as in my
29 > case ;)
32 Your not the only one
33
34 If technical proficiency was the only criteria, I would have been forced
35 to hang up my hat in the first week of devship ( Does anyone remember my
36 first week? :| ) ( Has anyone noticed how I'm hacking out java-config? )
37 --
38 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list