From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Getting Java ebuils into the tree...
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:06:17
1 Ernst de Haan wrote:
2 > I submitted two Java-related ebuilds a while ago. They are in the
3 > Bugzilla database, but they are apparently not being picked up. One is
4 > for xmlenc, a fast XML output library and the second is for XINS, a
5 > webservices framework.
6 >
7 > Is there anything else I can/should do to get these in the Portage tree?
10 Not really. We just try to avoid adding new packages unless it is needed
11 to resolve packed jar issues with existing applications for example.
12 This is because we are understaffed at the moment. We should have more
13 time to look at new packages after we get the axxo overlay merged. If
14 you are interested in helping in the long term, I and other java
15 developers are more than willing to help you towards becoming a
16 developer some day. You can reach me on #gentoo-java@freenode if you
17 want to talk more about this. I will see what I can do about adding
18 those ebuilds to experimental at least.
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri