From: Ernst de Haan <wfe.dehaan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Installing Javadoc documentation with java-pkg_dohtml
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:00:11
1 Hi all,
4 While new to writing Ebuilds, I'm creating one for 'xmlenc', a
5 Java-based XML output library. I'm using the information I find in the
6 Gentoo Java Developer Guide (
7 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/java/java-devel.xml )
8
9 In the section "Directory Names" it says:
10 "Javadoc documentation is installed in /usr/share/doc/${PF}/html/api/"
11
12 Then further down it says:
13 "If the program provides documentation, in particular API
14 documentation, make certain your ebuild runs javadoc and installs the
15 documentation using java-pkg_dohtml."
16
17 However, I find that java-pkg_dohtml rather installs in
18 /usr/share/doc/${PF}/html/ without the "api/" suffix.
19
20 Is this correct behaviour? Is there a flag that will install the
21 Javadoc in a subdirectory of the "html" directory?
22
23 Note that I plan to write another Ebuild for a Java-based framework
24 (XINS) that would come with both Javadoc API documentation and log
25 documentation, so in that case I wonder which function I should use
26 for the latter. Should it be java-pkg_dohtml or just dohtml ?
29 Kind regards,
32 Ernst de Haan
33
34 PS 1: xmlenc can be found at http://xmlenc.sourceforge.net/