From: Jan Riedel <ml.gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Gentoo Java / Apache Tomcat choices vs FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:57:48
William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 11:12 +0100, Jan Riedel wrote: >> unfortunately i am a little bit disappointed because the module >> mod_proxy_ajp is not being built, so i can't use this new feature to >> connect to tomcat. i tried to modify the ebuild, but it didn't work. if >> anyone has an idea -> tell me please. > > I went looking for a release of mod_proxy_ajp to make an ebuild for. I > did not find one? Could have been just me or maybe it was not officially > released? If it is released now when I have time I will look into make > an ebuild and sticking it in java-experimental overlay. However not > tying to make to many new ebuilds etc till the migration is done. >
i think it's not necessary to make an own ebuild for mod_proxy_ajp. the best way would be an new use-flag for apache-2.2.0 to enable the option "--enable-proxy-ajp" during configure and the module would be built. regards, jan -- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-java] Gentoo Java / Apache Tomcat choices vs FreeBSD "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt@××××××××××××××××.com>