From: Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] RFC: Local Javadoc Linking
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:13:48
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:22:30 -0500
Daniel Solano Gómez <gentoo@×××××××.com> wrote:

> Hello, all,
Hi there!
> I have come up with an initial implementation for this and would like to > get some feedback from other people. ...
> 2. Modifications to the java-ant-2.eclass: I added a new function > java-ant_link-javadoc() that does the work of looking up local > documentation and calling the helper script. I also added a hook to the > function from java-ant-2_src-configure(). This patch is available at: >
There are two things in the eclass patch I would fix. ;) 1. I recommend the subshell call '$(...)' instead of the old-style '`...`'. 2. There is an hamcrest comment in java-ant_link-javadoc() ?!
> When java-ant_link-javadoc() is called, it first checks to see if > java-sdk-docs is installed, and if so gets the path to the API > documentation.
I would add 'doc? ( dev-java/java-sdk-docs:${whatever build vm is used} )' to java-pkg-2.eclass. But I guess then many will complain. :D My two cents. :) Regards, Hanno