From: Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>
To: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] java-pkg-simple and java-mvn-src eclasses
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 00:23:26
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Alistair Bush yazmış:
5 > Ok, things to note and it would be interesting to see whether other
6 > dev's agree with me:
7 >
8 > java-pkg-simple.eclass:
9 >
10 > 1) inherit java-utils-2 (this is required) instead of java-pkg-2. Add
11 > checks to ensure java-pkg-2 is inheritted (so ebuild does it).
12 > 2) create the jar within src_compile, not src install.
13 > 3) I would like to see var's like JAVA_SRC_DIR(S) so that
14 > java-pkg_dosrc and javadoc could be generated and installed. See what
15 > you can do :)
16 >
17 > java-mvn-src.eclass:
18 > Have this inherit from java-pkg-simple.eclass
19 > Im also concerned about how you are attempting to download a single
20 > file from multiple locations. Im told it is valid, but would rather set
21 > it up as a thirdpartymirror.
22 >
23 > *.ebuilds:
24 > inherit java-pkg-2 [java-pkg-simple java-mvn-src]
25 >
26 > With the eclasses i'm trying to make them as similar to the layout (and
27 > relationships) of java-pkg-2 and java-ant-2
28 >
29 > Martin von Gagern wrote:
30 >> Hi!
31 >>
32 >> I propose two new eclasses. One is for building java packages from their
33 >> *.java source files, without any additional build instructions. The
34 >> second builds on it and is intended for source bundles exported by the
35 >> source:jar goal of Maven2. Two parts of istack-commons can be bumped
36 >> using these, in order to address https://bugs.gentoo.org/188015 .
37 >>
38 >> I would like to commit all of these to java-experimental if there are no
39 >> objectsion. If you leave the Subject in place, I will catch replies to
40 >> this list. Otherwise please Cc me personally, as I don't read every mail
41 >> to the list.
42 >>
43 >> On IRC selckin1 said: "simple eclass to build simple java packages has
44 >> been proposed many times. my main question would be why doesn't it exist
45 >> allready, this been suggested many times going back years, must be a
46 >> reason." Any input on this would be useful as well.
47 >
48 > My only concern with "simple eclasses" is it could compile, bundle and
49 > install
50 > tests, or even more concerning be used to bypass
51 > a "better" build system that includes unit tests, etc, etc.
52 ejunit can be helpful there. But ant suits better imo. We can have a
53 more generic build.xml (possibly included with one of our own tools or
54 created in the eclass itself) and an option for the ebuilds to use their
55 own build.xml files as well (As already done in tree) Having an option
56 to override the default build.xml will help to overcome packages which
57 doesn't fit to generic. But still we should see if there are more
58 generaliations than exceptions.
59 >
60 >> Greetings,
61 >> Martin von Gagern (aka MvG)