From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Move dev-java/swtcalendar to main portage tree?
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 06:36:25
1 > Hello list,
2 >
3 > I am currently working on ebuilds which have swtcalendar as a dependency.
4 >
5 > I do not see any reason why not moving dev-java/swtcalendar from
6 > java-overlay to main portage tree, or am I missing something?
7
8 I suppose the question is.... Are any of those packages your working on end-
9 user applications. From what I understand swtcalendar is just a library and
10 therefore we will not add it to the tree until it is required by an
11 application. We don't have the man power to maintain libraries just for the
12 sake of them sadly.
13
14 Thanks
15