From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Cc: Segedunum <segedunum@×××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Struts 1.1 Dependency for Tomcat 5.5.7?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:59:01
Segedunum wrote:
> Hi all, > > Does anyone have any idea why the Tomcat 5.5.7 ebuild in the > experimental java SVN tree still depends on Struts 1.1? Is there going > to be provision made for updating Tomcat and other Java packages to use > Struts 1.2.x? Certainly, Apache 5.5 should work fine with it.
The Tomcat ebuilds in experimental haven't been developed in a while. I recently merged some changes from the official tree to there (permission issues etc) but nothing else. Luckyduck is taking care of Tomcat, but he has been unavailable recently. Karltk told me that he has been having problems with his internet connection. We can certainly switch to 1.2.x if stuff works with it. I haven't looked into Struts but usually java packages don't have a very good binary compatibility.